Latest amendments to regulatory controls/standards/compliance changes and obligations.
- Standard: AS/NZS 3500.2 Plumbing and drainage, Part 2: Sanitary plumbing and drainage, is open for commenting. Comment end date: 10 November 2020. You can view the draft with latest comments and provide your feedback here.
- Standard: AS/NZS 3500.4 Plumbing and drainage, Part 4: Heated water services, is open for commenting. Comment end date: 10 November 2020. You can view the draft with latest comments and provide your feedback here.
- National Dictionary of Building & Plumbing Terms
- Adoption of the 2022 edition of the National Construction Code (NCC) will be delayed. NCC 2022 is now expected to be adopted by states and territories from 1 September 2022.
- The pending Queensland Development Code MP 4.1–Sustainable buildings (QDC 4.1), which was published on 15 September 2020, has been amended. You can view the changes made on 17 September 2020 in the Summary of changes document. The QDC 4.1 is now proposed to commence on 1 March 2021.
- This industry bulletin has been issued to remind the Western Australian plumbing industry of the requirement to test sanitary plumbing and sanitary drainage installations, and in the case of sanitary drainage plumbing work the requirement to notify the Plumbers Licencing Board when the work has been completed.
- Registration of builders (and related occupations) reforms - consultation sessions - Building and Energy will be presenting information outlined in the recently released consultation paper proposing changes to the Building Services Legislation - one session on Monday 30 November 2020 - 6.30pm - 7.30pm in Bentley and the second session on Monday 7 December 2020 - 6.30pm - 7.30pm in Joondalup.